Crispy Pitas with Chickpea and Yogurt Tahini Sauce! Also known as Fatteh! 😋
Zuliya from @naturallyzuzu created this stunning plate! Check out her recipe below:
4-5 pitas, cut into wedges or use 6 cooked flour tortillas cut in wedges
1 tsp of olive oil
2 cans of chickpeas rinsed
1 tsp Salt
1 cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt ( I used Kite Hill @kitehillfoods unsweetened almond yogurt)
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons of good quality tahini paste
Chopped parsley or cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. Put the pita wedges or tortilla wedges on a baking sheet, drizzle with some olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside. You can also fry the pita on the stove top for even crispier version.
3. Put the chickpeas in a small pot along with 1/2 cup of water and some salt and bring it to boil to warm them up. Drain.
4. Meanwhile, put the yogurt, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, tahini paste, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. You can also use your blender to mix everything.
5. Break up the toasted pita wedges a bit and arrange them in an even layer on the a serving platter, bowl, or casserole dish. Top with the warm chickpeas, then the vegan yogurt sauce. Sprinkle cilantro, chili flakes and serve with additional pita. Enjoy.