👉 Here is a healthier alternative to regular fried DONUTS! These ones are baked and have a healthy inner core, namely an apple slice! SAVE the post in order to try this out & SHARE this recipe with a friend! 😋🙌.
4-5 apples, sliced, inner core (seeds etc.) removed
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup date sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons plant milk
1 flax egg (1 TBLSP. ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 mins)
1 tablespoon melted vegan butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(OPTIONAL: roll the donuts on some cinnamon and sugar mixture at the end after baked)
- Simply, mix al the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Prepare the flax egg and set aside.
- Already prepare the apples and cut them into thin slices, with a hole in the middle.
- You’ll need a donut pan or something similar in order to get the donut shape while baking, e.g. You can use a muffin pan and try to create a hole in the middle to simulate a donut shape.
- Now, add all the other ingredients to the bowl as well as the flax egg.
- Give it a good whisk, whisk until everything is well combined.
- Next, dip the apple slices into the donut batter and make sure they are well covered and place them onto the donut pan. (Or you can put a bit of the dough in the donut pan, and than add the slices and cover them again with a bit of dough).