Raspberry Jam (or store-bought)
1/2 cup raspberries
3 tbsp organic sugar or sweetener
2 tbsp corn starch
Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
2 1/2 cups plain flour, plus more for dusting
1/2 cup plant-based milk, warm
1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
3 tbsp organic sugar
1 tablespoon instant dried yeast
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of salt
BABKA GLAZE (OPTIONAL) Ingredients
1/4 cup organic sugar
2 tbsp water (or liquid sweetener).
- Jam: Add all ingredients to a saucepan with a dash of water and boil for 5 minutes. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Set aside.
- Babka: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer and mix until it comes together. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until it is stretchy and comes away from the side of the bowl. If it sticks add more flour and knead again. Cover and leave it in a warm place for at least 1 hour or it doubles in size.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface into a rectangle shape. Spread the cooled jam on top
- Starting from the long side of the dough, roll it into a log. Use a sharp knife to cut the log in half length ways creating two long ‘strips’ of pastry. Carefully twirl the two strips together.
- Lift the dough into a 10x20cm tin. Set aside to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Bake for 30-40 minutes til the outside is golden brown and a skewer can be inserted and there is no wet dough on it. If the outside is browning, turn down the oven and cover the babka with an oven-safe plate. Set aside to cool.
- Sugar glaze: Dissolve the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. While the babka is still hot, drizzle the glaze on top.
- The babka is best eaten the day it is baked. Alternatively, store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days.
By the way… here’s something more! 😍👇
21 days smoothie challenge to lose up to 20 lbs (9 kg)! This method is honestly the most simple, healthy and effective way to give your body a break from all the processed foods and kick-start your weightloss and health. You can start by downloading the ➡️”21 day Smoothie Diet“⬅️ ebook now!